Friday, February 18, 2011

HOWDY HO

I want to introduce myself to this blog so anyone in the future may know where I'm coming from when I start ridiculous rants about the Wildcats.

1) I am physically unable to separate my emotions from my opinions about the Wildcats. An example of how insane I can be about it, I once got into a physical altercation with a man with cerebral palsy because I was up in Tempe and he wouldn't stop giving me shit about wearing my Mustafa Shakur jersey out at a bar after a game. I... I can't say whether I won the fight or not.

2) Between different degrees, I spent 8 years at the U of A. I was a Freshman the year we went to the National Championship game against Dook; I was a senior the year we had the game-that-shall-not-be-named against Illinois in the Elite 8; and I went through graduate school watching Lute's last years unravel like a poorly scripted daytime soap. All that the Cats and I have gone through together has made a love-bond that can never be broken (see Example (1) from above).

3) I'm now at UCLA for school and don't have a fancy cable tv package so have to do most of my Cats games online or via the terrible animations on cbssports.com or espn.com. All other news comes from obsessing about the team between games. I would like to say that having to get my basketball fix by watching the UCLA team at Pauley gives me new insight into the Cats.

I hope this gives some insight into where I come from as a writer for this website. Go Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment